Well I back from the holidays and ready to get back to my blog. December was a pretty crazy month for me. It started by me getting really sick; a combination of the flu, bronchiits, allergies and being really busy. It really put me down for almost the entire month. Despite this I was able to still enjoy the holidays with family and friends. I thought I would start the New Year by pointing out a couple of things that happen when we pray.
Five things that happen when we practice prayer:
1. We humble ourselves in the presence of God
2. We practice faith because we are praying to a God that we cannot see
3. We practice obedience because we obey God’s command to pray
4. We practice trust because we trust God to hear and answer our prayers
5. We practice spiritual relationship with God because we speak to Him in prayer
Three things that happen when we pray:
1. We are ushered into the presence of God through prayer
2. We are quickened made alive (spiritually) through prayer
3. Our minds are able to percieve the spiritual things of God
The power of Prayer:
1. Prayers are answered
2. We can see the power of God manifested in our lives
3. The will of God is known and accomplished
4. The carnal man is crucified and spiritual man is at liberty to live the fulness of the spiritual life.
The benefits of prayer are many and the truth of the matter is we cannot have success in our spiritual walks unless we practice prayer on a daily basis. Prayer releases the Spirit of God to work freely in my life; emotionally, physically and most importantly spiritually. It is for this reason that I am completely resolved to pray more faithfuly in the year 2008. I encourage all my brothers and sisters in the Lord to make a covenant with the Lord this year; a covenant to pray, to have fellowship and relationship with God it is a resolution you will not regret.